CBM DR Congo is looking for an experienced bi-lingual (French/English),a national (Congolese) Program Manager. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Based on its Christian values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
Position: Program Manager
Duty station: Kinshasa, Bureau RDC
1. CORE PURPOSE
Acts in the Role of Programme Specialist in (Country): Is responsible and accountable for developing and managing the effective implementation of the programme components of CBM’sCountry Plan in line with the Federation strategy and in close collaboration and coordination with relevant Initiatives and Member Associations. Maintains solid relationships with partners, takes responsibility for ensuring with them that they adhere to CBM’s programme standards and reporting requirements and that CBM meets its partnership commitments. Effectively manages a complex country programme portfolio, including programme and budget development, monitoring and evaluation. Manages country-level alliances and relationships with advocacy partners including DPOs. Fosters a culture of learning. May deputise for the Country Director.
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
- Relevant university degree in social sciences, international development or related field.
- Professional experience of 10 years in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 5 years at senior level, with a track record in successfully designing and managing large inclusive development and/or humanitarian programmes in collaboration with national partners.
- Experience in developing and managing large scale institutionally funded projects, including consortium led projects.
- Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and programme finance management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with national / local governments.
- Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
- Experience of developing rights-based programmes and working with marginalised and excluded groups.
- Proven skills in people and team management and coaching, with a focus on capacity development and performance management.
- Commitment to CBM’s mission, vision and values.
English (professional proficiency)
French (professional proficiency)
Advanced MS Office, Knowledge in MS Navision and MS SharePoint solutions an advantage
5. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Establishing focus
- Managing performance
- Influencing others
- Building collaborative relationships
- Customer orientation
- Result orientation
6. OVERALL MISSION
The Country Programme Manager will contribute to the successful delivery of the Country Plan by establishing strong capacity in project design, proposal development, effective project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and learning with CBM’s partner organisations. This role will build the capacity of the Country Office and partners' project staff.
7. MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Provide programmatic leadership in the development and implementation of the Country Plan, aligned with the Federation strategy.
- Put in place an effective M&E framework to regularly measure progress on implementing the Country Plan, drawing and sharing lessons learned and applying adaptive management.
- Support the Country Director in analysing external trends, challenges and opportunities relevant to CBM’s disability inclusion focus and/or requiring a programmatic response by CBM and share with internal stakeholders.
- Support partners in documenting good practice cases and promote knowledge sharing among partners and within CBM.
- Ensure partner and project data are managed in line with data protection rules, and that updated programme records are kept.
8. PARTNERSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Support the Country Director in maintaining strong partnerships and diversifying partnerships by identifying new partners.
- Organize and conduct initial and regularly updated organisational capacity assessments and/or partnership reviews, jointly develop plans to address capacity gaps, identify solutions, monitor implementation and document learning.
- Support funding diversification strategies with partners and oversee the phase out of partnerships where agreed, through jointly prepared exit-plans with the partner
- Promote, respond to, document and share partner feedback regarding their relationship with CBM and associated partnership requirements.
- Immediately report any critical issues and incidents that are in breach of partnership agreements and support the follow-up resolution process.
9. PROGRAMME / PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Identify project opportunities with partners under CBM’s Country Plan and in line with national development plans.
- Guide and coordinate joint project and/or multi-year planning processes with partners, CBM Initiatives/technical teams and Member Associations, ensuring the quality and sustainability of results in line with CBM and donor requirements.
- Ensure high quality of project and programme plans with effective delivery and fulfilment of objectives and utilisation of budgets
- Ensure partners and own staff are fully informed of donor requirements and are capable to meet them.
- Promote the inclusion of monitoring, evaluation and learning components in project plans; plan and conduct mid and end-term project evaluations with partners and support the dissemination of learning.
- Document and support partners to document good practice cases and promote knowledge sharing among partners and within CBM.
- Support the reporting of partners in line with standards and donor requirements.;
- Facilitate input from technical experts into project development and implementation.
- Jointly with partners, develop and monitor the implementation of exit strategies for projects/programmes.
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring that partners and colleagues understand and respect CBM’s financial framework for project implementation.
- Closely collaborate with the Finance Manager to ensure that programme and financial aspects of project design, budgeting and implementation go together, and that project monitoring and evaluation is comprehensive.
10. ADVOCACY, TECHNICAL ADVICE AND REPRESENTATION(where no dedicated function)
- With the Country Director, promote the organization and its mission to local partners and authorities.
- Represent CBM at relevant in-country meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Manage engagement with national alliances, partners and in particular DPOs to define and support national advocacy priorities.
- Coordinate efforts to strengthen and support DPO organisations and movements.
- Coordinate the delivery of DID technical advice in Disability Inclusive Development to government and other organizations, in alignment with the DID initiative.
- Ensure effective vertical integration between community level project work and national and global advocacy work.
11. COMMUNICATION AND RESOURCE MOBILISATION (where no dedicated function)
- Monitor in-country calls for proposals from institutional donors and support the Country Director in building focused relationships with representatives of such donors and other NGOs with whom CBM can collaborate.
- Work with partners to gather and share quality and timely project information and content to support CBM’s internal and external communication enabling Member Associations to demonstrate impact in their donor communication.
- Acts as a convincing spokesperson on all programme related matters internally and externally.
12. TEAM SUPERVISION (where relevant)
- Manage and coach the CBM country programme staff, which includes: selection, job description updates, performance management, capacity development planning, work plans and follow up, delegation and motivation.
- Model and promote the inclusion of persons with disability in the programme team in the Country Office.
13. APPLICANTS MUST SEND THEIR APPLICATION TO THE COUNTRY DIRECTOR AT:
Interested candidates are invited to their applications and motivation letters in both French and Englishto the Country Director at:
1. CBM office at: No. 3642, 6em Etage, Boulevard du 30 juin, Gombe-Kinshasa.
2. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: 30th April 2018
Société :CBM DR Congo
Site Internet :