International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.(IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Learning Officer
Department/Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Reports To: Learning Advisor
Type: Regular Full-Time
MECC is a five-year contract implemented by IBTCI and its subcontractor, Management Systems International (MSI), to provide monitoring, evaluation, analytic, coordination, and research services to the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), and the USAID/DFID joint education program (ACCELERE!). It is intended to support Mission-wide objectives and provide analytical tools and services that allow the Mission to undertake performance management that will guide them in the full implementation of the CDCS PMP and ACCELERE! results framework. MECC services include performance monitoring, support to the Mission’s Learning Agenda, coordination among stakeholders at the provincial level, and M&E capacity building for Mission staff, IPs, and other relevant stakeholders.
The Learning Officer will support MECC’s activities related to CLA and capacity building, in Kinshasa and selected provinces.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the delivery of learning events with USAID and implementing partners, in Kinshasa and selected provinces, including assisting in the preparation of materials and managing logisticalarrangements;
- Prepare a draft of all necessary reports or report inputs related to MECC’s training and CLA activities, including training reports, event reports, and quarterly and annual reports;
- Maintain a current calendar of MECC’s training and CLA activities;
- Maintain necessary program files related to MECC’s capacity building and CLA activities, including ensuring current and accurate collection, management, and reporting of performance
- monitoring data;
- Under the supervision of the Learning Specialist, liaise with MECC’s training subcontractor to ensure timely completion of all training activities and deliverables;
- Liaise with implementing partners in Kinshasa and selected provinces as necessary to ensure the efficient delivery of MECC events in the field, including coordinating logistical arrangements.
- Other technical or administrative tasks as assigned by the COP, Learning Advisor, or her or his delegate.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA in relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in managing teams and logistics, and event planning and coordination required;
- Familiarity with USAID’s CLA principles and experience in developing, organizing, or overseeing training and learning events preferred;
- Understanding of USAID procurement rules and regulations
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong organizational skills, analytical capabilities, able to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Demonstrated skills in working collaboratively with others to create and maintain a team environment and culture; and
- Working proficiency in French and English.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Oral proficiency in English and French required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in the relevant field
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements:Ability to lift small objects up to 25 pounds.
Supervisory Responsibility:This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Authorization:Must be authorized to work in the DRC.
How to Apply
Please apply for this job online at https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/1787/learning-officer/job by the deadline of March 19, 2018 COB Kinshasa Time.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Site Internet :