Head of Finance & Accounting
The Solar Revolution needs you!
Head of Finance & Accounting
BBOXX is a UK-based company providing affordable, upgradeable solar solutions to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs. We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience. With over 100,000 systems deployed so far, 400+ staff across 5 offices in China, UK and East Africa are waking up every morning to work with BBOXX to electrify 20M people by 2020. We invite you to join us on this journey to electrify rural Africa!
Reports to: Country General Manager
Location: Goma, DRC
Role Purpose: To oversee all the efforts and results of the finance and accounting department by Managing the department staff in day-to-day operations.
- Oversee all company accounts and investments.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Supervise and manage department staff, including accountants and accounts assistants
- Motivate and lead team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Assist with developing budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the FD with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the MD in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Ensure that VAT, Withholding Tax, PAYE and NSSF Taxes are paid on time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 years’ proven work experience in accounting working at one of the big four accounting firms
- A university degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, Accounting etc.
- A professional Qualification e.g. ACCA or CPA
- Strong analytical & numerical skills, data driven thinking and business acumen with strong MS Excel skills
- Flexible, results-oriented and able to work in a project-driven environment.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong project management and decision-making skills
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and accounting best practices
Les candidats doivent envoyer une lettre de motivation d'une page en anglais et un CV à l’adresse suivante: email@example.com
Site Internet :