Associate Administration Officer
ELIZABETH GLASER PEDIATRIC AIDS FOUNDATION
Job title: AssociateAdministration Officer
Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Primary manager: Sr. Operations Manager
Direct report to this position: Office attendant
"Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments."
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at over 7,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF DRC) intends to recruit an Administration Officer for its head office in Kinshasa. The Associate Administration Officer will be providingadministrative operational support-to the DRC program and –report- to the Sr. OPS Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1.1. Mail & invoice Administration
- In charge of the mailing function,receive and distribute mail accordingly. -
- Ensure proper handling of invoices and liaise with finance for payment to vendors -thisincludes receiving of invoices, ensuring they are stamped and recorded inthe mail register prior to sending them to finance/P & L for payment.
- Ensure payments for utilities, medical fees, communication, rent, office security etc. are processed-on time;
- Assist various departments to send out parcels and documents and follow up on receiving the same from different couriers recommended by the office.
1.2. Official documents and registration
- Assist in drafting correspondence to various administrative and public services’ authorities.
- Maintain & update the tracker of all official registration documents and ensure their renewal
- Carry out other -administrativeduties as assigned by the Sr OPS Manager.
1.3. Office maintenance
- Assists to oversee the use and maintenance of the office equipment/space including the photocopier, Air Conditioners, painting etc
- Assist the Sr OPS Managerin ensuring that the building is clean and organized at all times.
- Maintain – the office supplystore and ensure that all materials in the stores are well sorted out and arranged at all times.
- Conduct the quarterly inventory in collaboration with the procurement and logistic department in order to comply -with our internal operations’ policies.
- Ensure that up to date records are maintained for all supplies purchased and distributedto staff.
1.5. Visa application et travel facilities
- Assist Visiting Foundation staff in obtaining DRC visas by following up on invitation letters and all other regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with hotels and guest house for reservation (conference and living rooms)
- Maintain an ongoing relationshipwith transportation, especially Airlines for facilitating air tickets for local and international travels.
1.6. Petty cash management
- Maintain de Petty cash both in USD and CDF Currency
- Verifying required documents before making payment.
- Recording transactions in the Excel register
- Ensure all petty cash transactions are complying with EGPAF procedures
- Making daily cash count him/herself and weekly cash count with the designated staff
- Being ready for any surprised cash count and being accountable for any discrepancy between the register and the cash count
1.7. Other duties
- Supervising the cleaner
- Provide administrative support to other departments in the operations as requested.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, commercial and administration or related discipline.
- 3 years’ experience minimum experience in an administration position dealing with protocol logistics
- Previous experience in working with international NGOs is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong focus and problem solving coupled with flexibility.
- Must have interpersonal skills to interact with various departments and with outside reporting jurisdictions
- Excellent computer skills; advanced knowledge of general office applications (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook); working knowledge of advanced office applications (i.e., Access, PowerPoint)
- Good understanding of the DRC immigration procedures and regulations
- Ability to work under pressure and meet continual deadlines
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills.in both French and English
How to apply
Please apply in English and or Frenchfollowing instruction on the EGPAF website no later than November 19, 2017. The link below will also direct you to the position mentioned above. http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1&rid=1340
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Site Internet :