Regional M&E Officer
PATH is an international organization that drivestransformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Position: Regional M&E Officer
PATHis seeking to recruit aRegional M&EOfficerforthe IntegratedHIV/AIDS ProjectinHaut Katanga and Lualaba (IHAP-HK/L), based in Lubumbashi,to oversee M&E, data collection, and data reporting activities for Haut Katanga. The Regional M&E Officer will report to the IHAP-HK/L Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor. Responsibilities and specific job duties include:
- Create and manage operational plan for all M&E activities in Haut Katanga, based on project workplans and the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Accompany IHAP-HK/L Technical Officers/Site Support Coordinators to project-supported facilities to review data collection and reports, validate data, and provide technical assistance to correct errors or weaknesses in data reporting at the facility-level.
- Work with IHAP-HK/L Technical Officers/Site Support Coordinators to triangulate data from IHAPHK/L partners in Haut Katanga from various data sources (DATIM; DHIS 2; Tier.Net) to validate data and ensure that partners are submitting correct and accurate data to reporting databases.
- Coordinate with IHAP-HK/L Technical Officers/Site Support Coordinators and other members of the M&E team in Haut Katanga to internally verify, correct, and validate all reports received from IHAP-HK/L-supported facilities and NGOs prior to monthly health zone validation meetings.
- Prepare and submit project-generated data and analysis for Haut Katanga in specified templates for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to the IHAP-HK/L M&E Advisor.
- Analyze project data for Haut Katanga on a monthly basis and provide a summary of analysis (progress against targets) to IHAP-HK/L leadership.
- Lead quarterly meetings in Haut Katanga with a representative from the National AIDS Program and health zone management teams to review health zone progress against targets and highlight areas for course correction.
- Oversee Data Champion activities for Haut Katanga and conduct semi-annual data quality assessments at facilities not implementation Data Champion approach.
- Support the IHAP-HK/L Data Systems Officer to respond to all data-related request from donors, by extracting and compiling data from DHIS 2, DATIM, Tier.Net, and other sources.
- Support training for IHAP-HK/L partners (i.e. health facilities, health zones, local nongovernmental organizations) and/or IHAP-HK/L team members in Haut Katanga, including developing agenda and other background documentation for workshops/trainings; developing presentations and materials; and facilitating or leading the training.
- Provide inputs for M&E activities in Haut Katanga for quarterly project reporting, as requested by IHAP-HK/L team, including monthly and quarterly reports of all M&E-related activities implemented in Haut Katanga to the IHAP-HK/L M&E Advisor.
- Participate and contribute in regular M&E team and other project meetings.
- Participate in USAID SIMS visits to IHAP-HK/L supported facilities in Haut Katanga to understand gaps related to M&E, and coordinate with IHAP-HK/L Technical Officers and Site Support Coordinators to implement USAID recommendations.
- Assist with development, adaptation and/or review of data collection or reporting tools or data visualizations for IHAP-HK/L.
- Medical degree or degree in statistics, epidemiology, public health, or social sciences.
- Proven proficiency usingMicrosoftOffice Suite,particularly Excel, Access, PowerPoint, andWord.
- Understanding of basic concepts in analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data, and proven ability to translate analytical results into program recommendations.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of M&E concepts, terminology, and systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver products with minimal errors.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality products in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in multicultural environment.
- Excellent written and spoken French; proficiency in written and spoken English is preferred.
- Willingness to travel to remote sites.
- At least five years of experience in M&E, data collection, reporting, and analysis, with a minimum of three years of experience working on health projects, preferably PEPFAR.
- Previous experience supporting monitoring and evaluation on PEPFAR-funded HIV/AIDS projects is preferred; experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2), DATIM, Tier.Net, EPI Info, and/or Tableau is desirable.
- Prior experience and demonstrated ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines and quickly respond to shifting circumstances.
- Experience coordinating data collection, reporting, and analytical efforts, including training and supervising data collectors.
Applicants considered for this position are to be DRC nationals. This position is based in Lubumbashi. Candidates outside of Lubumbashi will be responsible for their relocation to Lubumbashi.
Please submit a cover letter with your curriculum vitae/resume describing your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements, and previous experience with the above-listed job duties. To apply, please visit our website: http://bit.ly/2xPXpRZ
Site Internet :