Chief of Party
Chief of Party – DRC IYDA
Regular – Full-Time Position: Democratic Republic of Congo – East DRC
Project Proposal: Integrated Youth Development Activity
Anticipated Start Date: December2017/January 2018
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace.
EDC is preparing for a proposal for the Integrated Youth Development Activity (IYDA), a USAID-funded program in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo, with the goal to Increase youth resilience to conflict and violence in eastern DRC, through increased educational and economic opportunities, andenhanced youth leadership and community engagement.
The Chief of Party (COP)is responsible for technical leadership, administrative oversight, and overall coordination of the activity. S/he will serve as the principle institutional liaison with USAID and key stakeholders. S/he will manage staff and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements, as well as ensure the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the project.
The Chief of Party shall meet the following requirements.
Minimum of a Master’s degree in economics, business, international development, conflict resolution, public policy, education, or other relevant field. A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 15 years of relevant experience may be substituted for a Master’s degree.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in international development (15 years with Bachelor’s degree), preferably in demand-driven youth livelihoods development, workforce development, conflict mitigation, or youth development (at least 5 of these years must be in a management/leadership position in programs that are of a similar scope);
- At least 5 years demonstrated project management experience and expertise in the design, delivery, and quality assurance of a holistic package of youth skills development;
- Demonstrated experience in financial and technical management, particularly on USAID projects;
- Experience in sub-Saharan Africa, and in complex, politically charged, unstable environments;
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines and budget;
- Ability to demonstrate how management efforts can be applied to a systems approach, directly leading to sustainability of interventions and behavior change among public and private sector stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex Education, workforce development and /or community development policy issues; and
- High level of leadership, interpersonal, technical, and analytical skills including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts and other key stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience implementing cross-sectoral activities in agriculture, health, education, conflict mitigation, civic engagement and/or economic growth, is highly preferred; and
- Demonstrated ability to engage a variety of stakeholders, including national and sub-national government ministries, donors and implementers, local NGOs, faith and community leaders, and others.
Professional level written and oral English, proficient written and oralFrench are both required (FSI 3/3 and equivalent skill level) are required.
Only if technical difficulties occur, applicants may send their resumes to: DJennings-Holton@edc.org, listing “COP-DRC-IYDA” in the Subject Line.
Application Deadline: October 2, 2017
Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified.
No phone calls, please.
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and has Affirmative Action Plans for Women and Minorities and for Disabled Workers and Veterans. EDC is a smoke-free workplace.
Site Internet :