Assessment, Monitoring & Evaluation (A/M&E) Specialist
Assessment, Monitoring & Evaluation (A/M&E) Specialist
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation (A,M&E) Specialist
Department/Location: Democratic Republic of Congo
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Application Deadline: August 21, 2017
Overview: The Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation (A,M&E) Specialist is a full-time, multi-year position based in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) that will require travel to field sites. The A,M&E Specialist will provide donor and Implementing Partners (IPs) with high-level, demand-driven technical, analytical, advisory, training and related support services for performance and impact measurement, performance-based communication and information management, monitoring and evaluation. Additionally, the A,M&E Specialist will support the design and management of evaluations, analyses, assessments, and the full review, revision, and maintenance of the Mission PMP, Project M&E Plans, and activity M&E plans. He/she will provide technical expertise for Component 1 planning, implementation, and evaluation. The A/M&E Specialist will provide the activity with critical expertise on evaluation methodology, including sampling procedures, survey methodologies, and qualitative data collection methods. The A/M&E Specialist will also be relied on for quantitative and qualitative data analysis. The A/M&E Specialist will provides expertise in the planning and coordination of performance and impact evaluations, operational research, baseline assessment, evaluation design and methodology, research and analysis, monitoring and evaluation capacity building, and collaborating, learning, and adapting. He/she must assist with the establishment and management of a monitoring and evaluation system to track progress towards meeting program/contract deliverables, results, indicators and targets. He/she must help ensure that the methodologies used to measure the results include gender, disability-inclusive, and conflict sensitive measures, and that they are consistently and systematically tracked and reported in accordance with USAID data reporting requirements. The A,M&E Specialist will report to the A,M&E Specialist/DCOP.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of Component 1 and Component 2.
- Oversee production and ensure quality of all assessments, data, analytical reports, and evaluations, including the testing of the development hypothesis.
- Support the Deputy Chief of Party in the development of quality evaluation scopes of work.
- As requested, assist the A,M&E Specialist/DCOP in the review of indicators and reporting with implementing partners and COR/AORs, and help operationalize indicators by assisting USAID Technical Teams with definitions, data collection, data analysis, and target setting.
- Support events and seminars that promote collaboration and learning between USAID, implementing partners and other stakeholders, or that publicize major findings and/or disseminate final evaluation reports, as part of USAID/DRC’s learning agenda.
- Support training, as requested, for USAID/DRC staff and/or partners on activity-level monitoring and monitoring and evaluation plan development.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities under this contract are in accordance with USAID regulations and USAID Education technical and reporting requirements.
- Support the development of M&E Plans for IPs through on-going and hands-on technical assistance to IP M&E and management teams, in close coordination with the donor. This support will be in program areas such as democracy and governance, stabilization, agriculture and economic growth, education/human capacity development/youth.
- Coordinate and lead ongoing and user-friendly analysis and presentations of IP results.
- Provide oversight of all verification activities in the field, conducted through DRC Third Party Monitoring agents, to ensure their timely and professional deployment of verifications, as well as the analysis of findings.
- Support the technical development of a web-enabled clearinghouse for donor data collection, integration and reporting activities.
- Oversee and provide technical support to program evaluations and assessment throughout the life of the program.
- Represent IBTCI in meetings with senior Mission, Embassy and Government officials.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the implementation of complex M&E Performance Management Plans, including definition and determination of metrics and methods to best measure results and impact.
- Experience providing technical leadership or support to the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments; field-based, hands-on and long-term M&E implementation experience is preferred.
- Have all necessary computer, database, statistical software, and analytical skills, particularly in issues related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
- M&E training/capacity building experience.
- Proven experience on USAID-funded projects. Experience with DFID is preferred.
- Experience facilitating and coordinating workshops is desirable.
- Significant experience in similar positions in the DRC.
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated technical expertise in the development of Monitoring and Evaluation systems and/or performance-based management.
- Superior development analysis and communications skills are required.
- Oral and written fluency in French and English required.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field is required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
How to Apply
Please apply for this job online at https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/1219/assessment%2c-monitoring-%26-evaluation-%28a-m%26e%29-specialist/login
Site Internet :