PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
We seek to recruit the following qualified and experienced individual mentioned below.
Position: Technical Advisor/Immunization
Job Code: 8241
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
- Provide Technical Assistance to the DRC National Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) on planning, preparation, and implementation of any new vaccine, routine, and campaigns activities;
- Serve as a focal person for PATH’s DRC vaccine-related work in DRC and strengthen the good relationships existing between PATH, Gavi, and the MoH/EPI;
- Coordinate the international and national support provided by PATH to EPI in close consultation with the MOH/EPI, including learning trips and introduction of new approaches in the country;
- Work closely and collaboratively with other in country partners such as UNICEF, WHO, and others in providing support to the EPI Program;
- Provide technical support for PATH in country immunization team, MOH/EPI and for provinces in any new vaccine introduction and related issues
- In-depth knowledge of immunization systems and country immunization programs. Specific knowledge of the structure and operations of the DRC Expanded Program on Immunization desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of vaccine-preventable disease epidemiology
- Demonstrated ability to conduct support program planning and evaluation in developing country contexts, preferably with vaccination programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-country, team-based organizational structure.
- Strong experience in country or community-based field experience with vaccine delivery.
Ten to fifteen years of relevant work experience in public health with strong skill and knowledge in the field of immunization particularly in provision of technical assistance to the public sector; demonstrated experience in employing epidemiological and operational skills in planning and programing national rollout of health program with particular emphasis to immunization and new vaccine implementation.Fordetailed job descriptions and to apply please visit: www.path.org
Location: DR Congo, Kinshasa
You must currently have legal authorization to work in DRC
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer
Deadlines for Applications: 23/06/2017
Site Internet :www.path.org