PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
We seek to recruit the following qualified and experienced individual mentioned below:
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
We seek to recruit a Driver, based in Kolwezi, to carry out transportation and vehicle maintenance duties as well as assist with administrative functions for the Integrated HIV/AIDS Project in Haut Katanga and Lualaba (IHAP-HK/L), under the supervision of the IHAP-HK/L Vehicle Fleet Manager.
Specific duties include:
- Transporting project staff, project counterparts, consultants and other visitors to project sites, workshops/meetings, and various events in and around Kolwezi, and occasionally outside Kolwezi, as requested.
- Ensuring the safety of passengers by courteously reminding them of safety practices while in the vehicle.
- Performing or scheduling maintenance services and ensuring that project vehicles are clean and in proper working order.
- Following up with vehicle maintenance regulations and licenses, and making recommendations to the Vehicle Fleet Manager for necessary actions.
- Reporting suspected vehicle malfunctions or issues to the Vehicle Fleet Manager.
- Ensuring that vehicles have adequate petrol at all times, using office account.
- Maintaining the vehicle/driver’s log book.
- Updating all vehicle documents and checking vehicle insurance.
- Running IHAP-Kolwezi errands, such as document delivery, mailing, banking, customs clearance, bill payments, shopping for office supplies etc., as requested.
- Self-motivated, courteous, and humble individual.
- Driving etiquette.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and availability to work outside of normal business hours, as required.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members, and proven ability to work in a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French; English desired
- This position requires basic knowledge/familiarity with automobile maintenance.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Must have more than two years of experience providing driving services for a non-profit organization.
Applicants considered for this position are to be DRC nationals. This position is based in Kolwezi. Candidates outside of Kolwezi will be responsible for their relocation to Kolwezi.
Deadline for application: May, 3th 2017
For more details and to apply, please visit our website: http://bit.ly/2nYz48H
Site Internet :