Institutional Strengthening Evaluation Assistant
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.(IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
IBTCI, has been contracted by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the five-year Monitoring, Evaluation and Coordination Contract (MECC) project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) in providing coordination, monitoring, evaluation, analytic, and research services for the Mission’s CountryDevelopment Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and a Joint Education Program between the USAID/DRC and the United Kingdom Government (represented by the U.K. Department for International Development, DFID). IBTCI will implement the DRC MECC project with a core team and office in Kinshasa, and provincial teams in four regional offices including Bukavu, Kananga, Mbuji-Mayi and Lubumbashi.
Job Title: Institutional Strengthening Evaluation Assistant
Department/Location: CLA/Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Reports To: Institutional Strengthening Evaluation Specialist
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Mid-level (overtime does not apply)
Contract Type:Fixed-term employment contract (CDD) renewable based on performance
Application Deadline: 24 March 2017
This mid-level position will serve as point of contact for circulating and aggregating Institutional Strengthening and Collaborative, Learning and Adapting information between USAID DRC and MECC Regional Coordinators.
The position requires excellent coordination and organizational skills to ensure that MECC can meet its contractual reporting requirements by continuously capturing lessons learned and collaborating and adapting best practices within MECC, USAID/DRC, and implementing partners. It also requires a strong interest in participative evaluation approaches for institutional capacity strengthening and direct interaction with Congolese partner institutions and USAID implementing partners.
Excellent command of spoken and written English and French required.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Institutional Strengthening Evaluation Specialist (ISES) to familiarize stakeholders with USAID/DRC’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS); its performance management plan (PMP); associated data collection tools; and activities, principles, and strategies related to collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA).
- Support the Institutional Strengthening Evaluation Specialist in the collection of M&E data related to institutional strengthening.
- Organize and draft reports on activities and learnings related to USAID/DRC’s Development Objective 1 and CLA.
- Participate in planning, delivering, and reporting on orientation and administration sessions related to USAID/DRC’s Participatory Institutional Capacity Assessment and Learning Index (PICAL).
- Enter, compute, and conduct quality control of annual PICAL data.
- Circulate MECC planning decision-points to MECC Regional Coordinators and vice-versa.
- Participate in the preparation of MECC materials and products whose intended audience may be USAID, implementing partners or the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Perform any additional supportive duties, as requested by MECC Institutional Strengthening Evaluation Specialist or Chief of Party.
- Bi-lingual in English and French required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French, practical knowledge of Lingala, Swahili, Tshiluba and/or Kikongo preferred.
- Expert use of office software, including Access, Excel, Power Point and Word. Knowledge and programming practices of cell phone and web-based applications preferred.
- Prior experience monitoring or evaluating interventions related to institutional or organization capacity building in DRC.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GDRC structure at the national and provincial level.
- Prior experience (3 years +) working for a U.S. Government agency or an International Donor Organization preferred.
- Openness to innovation, proactive and solution-minded attitude preferred.
- Willingness and availability to travel across the DRC preferred.
- High commitment to engage in this assignment to continuously develop professional competencies.
- 5 – 7 years of professional experience.
- Must be bi-lingual in English and French.
- Proven ability to function as part of and to contribute to a team effort required.
- Attention to detail and ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines required.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Public Affairs, Public Administration, Management, Development Studies and Social Sciences, Evaluation or Economics.
Working Environment:Work is performed in a typical office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: Local travel throughout the DRC.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the DRC.
Please note: This position does not qualify for any relocation assistance payments within DRC or from any other country.
How to Apply
Please send updated CV along with a cover letter and 3 contact persons in pdf or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Institutional Strengthening Evaluation Assistant.
Only finalists will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any otherclassification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Site Internet :